Friday, June 24, 2011

Do colleges calculate overall GPA if the first two years of your high school were outside the USA


Do colleges calculate overall GPA if the first two years of your high school were outside the USA?
I did 9th and 10th grade in India and my 11th and 12th grade here in the US. I am currently applying to colleges. Will colleges in the US calculate my overall GPA including my grades from 9th and 10th grade even if the grading scale was different?
Other - Education - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes. Since grades and GPAs are calculated differently in most foreign countries, you would have to have your grades converted to the American standards. There are some companies that do this for you, but some colleges have their own evaluation staff.



Read more discussion :