Monday, November 8, 2010

how long is detention usually in the schools in USA


how long is detention usually in the schools in USA?
your after school detentions - how long are they? and what are the offenses/ actions? like how many hours, ususally?
Primary & Secondary Education - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
At the school where I teach, the after school detentions are 45 minutes long. And there are many different ways to earn a detention. Hope this helps. :)
2 :
when i was in school...it was an hour. at the end of the year...you could trade them in to get paddled. 2 licks per detention. my fried took 22 licks over a 3 day period. :(
3 :
idk...my school doesn't have after school detention. but my teacher makes ppl stay if they get in trouble until like 7 or 8
4 :
I was only suspended once. For skipping a class, ONE TIME. I got 3 days out of school suspension which really doesn't make sense since I was just missing more of the class. It was French and I had a A in there. It seemed a bit harsh to me. I don't know if people do after school suspension anymore in high school atleast.... not at the school I went to.
5 :
well each school is different ive done 3 sat. with my son for slamming some punk up againts a locker the punk grabbed his girl friend crouch and got nothing
6 :
Not long enough i say with the brats that are in this country today. oh and i for got to mention if the get detention, their parents should receive detention in jail also for the offenses of their children. parents need to be held accountable for the actions of their children. and the government and children services need to stop interfereing in the parenting of children nowadays. what is wrong with beating a childs ass for doing something wrong. they do the crime the deserve the punishment. spare the rod spoil the child remember this saying. more beatings would mean that this world wouldn't be in such a f***ed up state like it is in today. oh and i also beleive in capital punishment none of this life in prison crap. I don't want to pay to have someone sit on death row for 30 years just waiting to die. I say if you did it and you are found guilty you don't get a second chance to prove your innocence. just sit in the chair and let me flip the switch and watch you fry.
7 :
Most American teachers really suck at classroom management, so they get rid of the kids by sending them to the office; the office gets rid of them by sending them to detention. But, hey, school's all about teaching and secretarial positions. T'hell with the kids.
8 :
Ours are either 30 mins or an hour. ALso have 1 hour or 2 hours on Saturday. Really depends on the offence.