Tuesday, December 1, 2009

How can any American be proud of the USA when he or she is sent home from school for wearing a USA shirt


How can any American be proud of the USA when he or she is sent home from school for wearing a USA shirt?
The future does not look good for the country. What a sad day in America when the First Amendment doesn't protect an American from wearing Red, White, and Blue.
Politics - 13 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
And the ACLU says....
2 :
We can change this in a generation.
3 :
Yeah it is sad indeed. Are the liberals going to push for mandatory celebrations of other countries holidays now?
4 :
These filthy libs are abusing our children now about our country that they hate so much.
5 :
they cant. i plan on calling the school and giving my two cents. the ironic thing is that 2 or 3 of the kids who had the shirts were half mexican
6 :
I am proud of my country, not the liberal teachers unions. The principal involved needs a dose of discipline.
7 :
It stopped protecting free speech for high school students with the Bong Hits for Jesus case that went to the supreme court last year. The Case was Morse versus Frederick.
8 :
Good question. I guess it is because the man who sent them home is a flaming Hispanic racist!
9 :
Maybe the kid was acting like an ash hole. His parents are probably proud.
10 :
I have the feeling something else is behind this story. No principal is that stupid.
11 :
1. I highly doubt this actually happens (unless the red, white and blue shirt has any sort of offensive message on it) 2. My right to wear or not wear clothing doesn´t make me less proud of the USA. 2a.Current and Historic foreign policy makes me less than proud of the USA. 2b. Continued economic inequality in the U.S. makes me less than proud of the USA 2c. U.S. arrogance as a world power makes me less than proud of the USA 3. If they´re wearing a Red White and Blue shirt to school, do you think they are lacking in national pride?
12 :
Be carefull..Al Sharpton & jesse jackson will get mad...
13 :
I can't jump to a conclusion on this one yet. The reasoning given by the principal made my head spin. At the same time, though, I think the boys wore them to agitate people. I think they probably were looking for drama-just didn't think it would get this much attention. We don't know that they didn't harass others because it was Cinco de Mayo. What we do know is that wearing a shirt with the American flag on it shouldn't get a kid suspended. I don't care if it was UN day at the school and these were the only Americans there. Being proud of your flag isn't offensive. If it is, perhaps those that took offense need to look at why they need to play the victim card. Cinco de Mayo is, to most Americans, a reason to have margaritas at happy hour. Most people in Mexico don't even celebrate it. So that Mexican students may have been offended makes me wonder if they too were looking for drama, or really understood what Cinco de Mayo was all about. I'd love to hear the whole story. If the flag-shirt-wearers were truly innocent, they deserve an apology. If the principal was merely trying to avoid a confrontation that could have easily gotten out of control, we need to ease up on him for that. At the same time, he then needs to evaluate security at his school and race relations in the school.